The Intrepid® 2F Insecticide (EPA Reg. No. 62719-442) Section 18 Emergency Exemption has been issued for use in Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Merced, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba Counties. The effective dates are April 20 to October 4, 2020.
Please remember the process for Section 18 emergency exemption labels:
- Section 18 labels can only be obtained from the county agricultural commissioner
- Section 18 labels are not available for download from the online label databases
- Section 18 label instructions are indexed into the online label databases
- Allows pest control advisers to write the recommendation
- Section 18 labels are handled as restricted materials no matter the AI
- Section 18 labels are product and not active ingredient specific
The Intrepid® 2F Insecticide (EPA Reg. No. 62719-442) is the methoxyfenozide product issued as a Section 18. Use of another methoxyfenozide product either alone or in combination is illegal and could harm future authorizations for usage of the insecticide for armyworm control. Corteva Agriscience assures us ample supplies of Intrepid® 2F Insecticide is available for rice.
If considering alternatives to Intrepid® 2F Insecticide, please read and follow the pesticide label directions. You can reference the table, Alternative Insecticides to Methoxyfenozide Registered for Use on California Rice, but do not use the information as a substitute for the registered label directions.
For more information, contact the CRC’s Industry Affairs Manager Roberta Firoved at email@example.com or (916) 206-5039.