The California Ricelands Waterbird Foundation is currently soliciting applications for its Spring 2021 Bid4Birds habitat program. Applications are submitted through the Foundation website and the enrollment window is open until Monday, January 11, 2021.
- Incentive payments for growers to implement shallow flooding for shorebirds
- Contracts: 4-10 week commitments
- Timeline: February 15 through May 31
- Habitat in late March and April is most valuable
- Flooding: maximum of 4 inches throughout contract period
- Post-harvest straw management required
- 75 acres minimum
- Contracts are ranked on timing, habitat quality, and price
If you have any questions about the program or would just like to learn more, please visit the Bid4Birds webpage, view the original program announcement, or contact CRC Wildlife Programs Manager Luke Matthews directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 607-8988.